Tuesday, December 4, 2012

New Name, New Chapter


As most of you know, I am going through a bit of stress in my personal life right now which is why my blog has been severely lacking content over the past few months.  To keep things brief, Tom has decided he wants a divorce (now we both want it but he initiated the thought).  I do not want to publicly go into a lot of detail but let's just say he decided he liked to spend most of his free time with someone other than his wife and coupled with a lot of stories and lies, he has actually left me in a far better position mentally and emotionally (now that it's almost over).  Yes, things were very difficult for me for a few months.  Yes, I was in a very tough mental and emotional place at the beginning of everything; things were very dark for me for those few months.  But.  He has done me a HUGE favor by asking for this divorce.  I have learned a lot about him, learned he is a completely different man than the one that I fell in love with and subsequently married.  I am now the happiest I've been in a long time and I can see that in my big blue eyes- they are finally back to light blue (for months, they rarely got lighter than a grayer shade of navy).  Yes, divorce is stressful and I wish it upon no one.  But in the end, I am much better off and I will find a man (eventually, down the road, not right now) that will appreciate me for me, treat me the way that I deserve to be treated, and that will respect me for the woman I am!  I am looking forward to the next chapter of my life.  I'm in grad school at the University of Georgia, I am in the best physical shape of my life, I look the best I've ever looked, feel the best I've ever felt, am the healthiest I've ever been, have a great job with a great company- needless to say, I have a lot going for me in my life right now!!  My support network has been sensational.  My family has gone above and beyond to get me through this and I could not have asked for better friends throughout all of this.  They are exceptional people and I am incredibly blessed to have so many loving and caring people in my life.

All of that being said, I will be going back to my maiden name.  I go to court with my lawyer next Monday, December 10 to appear in front of the judge and hopefully have him/her sign off on the divorce decree.  My lawyer has no reason to believe that the judge wouldn't approve of the divorce as it is uncontested, not messy, pretty simple.  After court, I will go through the name change process (nightmare but worth it) so that I will become Brittany McElroy again!  The blog will also have a new name- not 100% sure yet, but I'm thinking "B-Mac to the Max!" and that also incorporates that sweet little furbaby that is mine to keep (I welcome blog name suggestions by the way so if you have one, I would love to hear it!).  If I don't choose that, obviously it will be something geared towards running so be on the lookout.  I did want to let y'all know of the divorce though as it is less than a week out.  If you have questions for me, I am always more than happy to answer them, just don't want to do it publicly.  Feel free to call/text/email/etc.

As always, I appreciate all of the love and support in my life and again, could not have asked for more wonderful people in my life.  I'm in a much better place and know that I will be MUCH better off at the end of this divorce!  I look forward to what the future holds and this next chapter of my life!  First semester of grad school ends next week (thank goodness, I need a break) and then off to California for the Holiday!  Be on the lookout for new things with the blog!  If I don't get another post up before the holidays, I wish everyone safe and happy holidays, a very Merry Christmas!  And don't ever forget the true meaning of Christmas!

Happy Reading!

xoxoxo,

Britt!

No comments:

Post a Comment