Monday, March 19, 2012

A Small Family Reunion and a Wedding!

So as you can tell by my obvious lack of posts, things have been a bit busier than usual in the Piper household! Between Max destroying things (like Tom's favorite football- oopsies!) and my running endeavors and work and play and life in general, I haven't had a chance to keep y'all updated on what's been going on!  For that, I apologize!  I am going to try to be much better about this and update y'all more often!

So let's start with the weekend my parents flew in town for a wedding!  Mom and Dad flew in that Thursday afternoon.  A good friend got married that Saturday and it was an absolutely beautiful wedding and reception.  He was in our wedding, was in my brother's wedding, lived across the street from us as kids; we grew up together!  I never thought I'd see the day this kid got marrieid (I told him that, too) but I could not be happier for him!  He snagged a GREAT wife and she is one of the absolute sweetest women I know!  I wish them both the best of luck as they start their new life together! 

Hubs and me at the wedding

The Best Parents a Girl Could Ask For!!!


Tom, me, Mama, Daddy, Colleen, and Brian- The Whole Family!!!

So back to Mom and Dad!  I did not realize until that week how much I'd missed them!  I talk to my mom just about every day on the phone and if for whatever reason our schedules conflict too much to talk, we at least text (she's gotten SO much better at texting- she's making her daughter proud!).  I talk to Daddy a few times every week as well, not as much as I talk to Mom, but at the very least, once a week!  My parents are very special people to me and take slots 2 and 3 on my list of "Brittany's Most Important People" (Tom is obviously my #1 and my brosef #4) and in all fairness, I can't really rank them that way as I love my family with my whole heart and would do anything for any of them!  But for the sake of expressing my love for my parents, we'll use my favorites list.  So all that being said, I got SUPER anxious the week they were flying in- I was very giddy and very anxious to see them as it was Thanksgiving that I'd last them!  Three + months is 3+ months too long to go without seeing my parents!  So not only did the entire family get to celebrate the marriage of someone who's been in our lives for 20 years, but we also got to spend some quality time together.

The weekend started with a girls afternoon with mani/pedis then led into a fabulous dinner at my brother and sister-in-law's house!  Brian did a fantastic job on the grill, as always, and Colleen and I worked on the sides together (Colleen also has a fabulously delicious recipe for a salmon rub and Beans, if you're reading this, I'd like that recipe, thank you love!).  It was a great start and dinner to welcome the parents back to Atlanta for the weekend!  Friday evening, a group of our friends came over to go to dinner and see my parents while they were in town.  Let me tell you, Jim 'N Nick's BBQ never gets old!  It is something that I could eat  everyday but then I'd be the size of a barn!  Let's not get back to that point in my life!  After dinner, we enjoyed Harrison Ford's presidential movie Air Force One, then called it a night (I'd forgotten how terrible the graphics were in older movies).  Saturday, mom and I were supposed to participate in the Chattahoochee Road Runners 10K, but due to nasty rain and thunder, we opted for the more comfortable option- we got our happy butts right back in bed and slept for 3 more hours!  We did breakfast with Brian and Colleen at a quaint little establishment (West Egg- DELISH!) then ran some errands and got ready for the wedding!  

As I previously said, the wedding was beautiful!  The bride was beautiful, the groom was nervous but handsome, and everyone had a great time!  Tom actually danced and this is something that rarely ever happens [in public]!  It was great to see everyone dancing and having fun.  I wish all of our married friends and future married friends wonderful and happy lives!  Weddings always put me in a spirit of love and happiness.  They are also a means of reflection for me- a time to look back on the years of our relationship and marriage and appreciate the blessings God has put in our lives, the love we have for one another, and the lifetime of happiness that lies ahead.  I wish Matt and Karen all the joys of the world that marriage and companionship have to offer!!!
The newlywed Gills and The Pipers!


So after Tom and I dropped Mom and Daddy off at the airport, it REALLY hit me how much I've missed them! I didn't want them to leave!  It was SUCH a great weekend and I look forward to being closer to my parents hopefully soon!  There aren't any updates on that by the way.  I interviewed for a position (over the phone) with the county, but unfortunately wasn't selected.  I really wanted that job and prayed hard for it, but it just means that God has a better plan for me and I have to continue to trust Him as he knows best!  I'll update you as I know things though!  This was a brief update.  Stay tuned for my next BIG update!!!  Can't wait to share!!!

All my love,

Britt!

Thanks for 

No comments:

Post a Comment