Thursday, May 17, 2012

2 Years and Going Strong!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 was a very special day for Tom and me!  We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary!  I know this isn't as many as some couples, but it counts for me and we're still going strong!  Of course we have had our ups and downs over the past 2 years, but just as life happens, it happens for a reason.  So to celebrate our 2 years of marriage, we went to Imperial Fez, a Moroccan restaurant in Buckhead.  Neither of us has ever been to a Moroccan restaurant nor have we eaten Moroccan food.  To say this was an experience is a vast understatement.  If you have never been to a Moroccan restaurant and can get an experience like what we had on Tuesday, I highly recommend it!

Dinner started with confusion.  All of the tables were extremely close to the ground so we felt like we were sitting on the floor.  It was a set up different than any we had ever seen.  After being seated, a server came over to tell us a little bit about the menu, get drink orders, etc.  We ordered the five course meal which started with a lentil soup and a salad variety (don't ask me what they were because I couldn't tell you).  There were 5 or 6 different salads on the plate with a basket of Moroccan bread and per our server, our forks were for decoration only, that we were to eat with our fingers.  Tom looked at me with wild eyes to indicate our server was crazy.  He politely obliged but it somewhat closed his mind to the experience.  He eventually opened up as the next course came out and then our entrees and dessert.  We used our decorative forks after the salad course as there was NO way on God's beautiful green Earth that we could gracefully eat the remainder of our meal with our fingers.

Imperial Fez dining room

Throughout our meal, Imperial Fez provides a source of entertainment I've never witnessed- a real live belly dancer!!  As she started her dance sequence, I leaned over to Tom and said, "I could do that!  Give me a costume!"  She continued to dance.  I retracted my statement.  She was moving her body in ways I know I never could.  She balanced a sword on her head AND DANCED!  Although the music was a bit on the loud side, we enjoyed the few times she entered the dining room for entertainment purposes.

Belly Dancer

You can faintly see the sword balanced on her head- talent.
Throughout the meal, we befriended the table of women next to us and chatted off and on with them.  It was one of their birthdays (lady in the pink shirt above).  They were loud yet entertaining.  Their conversation was intriguing and we were glad to join in on some of it.  Right before we left, some of the servers came out to do a birthday celebration for the Birthday Girl.  Little did I know, my husband was going to join and start dancing!  It was by far one of the most fun things I've ever seen him do in a restaurant!  I hope he keeps his young, jovial spirit as we grow together!

Tom doing a jig for the Birthday Girl
All in all, this was a very memorable dinner!  For Tom, it will be one he only wants to experience once.  I really enjoyed the food and would definitely eat it again, but I'm not sure Tom shares in my sentiments.  He did buy me a "Happy 2 Year Anniversary Cake" and some flowers so I enjoyed a small sliver of cake when we got home (I was too full from dinner to eat more than that).  And I'm still eating small pieces of the cake as it is very delicious!  I look forward to sharing many more May 15ths with my husband!  He is a very caring and loving man and although I want to punch him sometimes, I love him to death!  We had a great anniversary celebration and I can't wait for the years to come!  Love you Poop!!

Thanks for sharing in my love and enthusiasm!

All my love, 

Britt!


No comments:

Post a Comment