Thursday, May 17, 2012

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

So I started this post on Sunday, then the evening got away with me and this week has been hectic so I'll continue it today.  Sunday, May 13, 2012, was a day dedicated solely to mothers.  For the children in their lives to appreciate and thank them for everything their mother has done, to show their love for their mothers, to pamper their mothers and treat them like the Queens they are.  It is a day for Fathers to show their appreciation as well as a mother typically goes far beyond the call of duty to enrich her family's lives.  Unfortunately due to distance I was not able to spend Mother's Day with my mom so I'd like to take the time to dedicate this post to her.

I'm not yet a mother (unless you consider me a furmom), but look forward to the day that I become one.  This doesn't mean that I can't appreciate the toll motherhood takes on a woman.  My mother is the greatest woman in the world to me.  Words cannot even begin to describe the love I feel towards my mother.  I can tell you how much I love her and appreciate her until I am blue in the face (or until you're ready to punch me in the face and tell me to shut up), but that still would not do her justice.  I share a bond and relationship with my mother that I would not trade for anything in the world.  Yes, we argue on occasion.  Yes, I want to scream at her sometimes.  Yes, she sometimes infuriates me.  But nonetheless, she is and always will be my best friend next to Tom (and on some days, more than Tom when he's on my bad side, ha).

My mother has been the most supportive figure throughout my life (as well as my Daddy not to discredit him in that role).  She is my role model and heroine.  She is the person I look up to on a daily basis.  Well, I physically look down to her as I surpassed her height in 5th or 6th grade, but you know what I mean.  She is a person I will always turn to for advice and guidance.  I cherish her words of wisdom.  Until I got married, she was always the first person I called with news.  My mom is the most loving and caring person I know.  She is strong, brave, courageous, patient, trusting, VERY forgiving, and she is by far the nicest person you'll ever meet.  I really could go on and on about how special of a lady she is and how wonderful she is, but I think you get the picture.  I just wanted to express my love for her and dedicate this post to her.  I love the bond we share and I will do everything in my power to make sure we never lose that bond.  I love her with all of my heart and I tell her every day that I love her, even if it's through a text message or an email when the time difference prevents an actual  phone conversation.  So Larraine, if you're reading this, I love you and you are the absolute best mom I could have ever hoped for.  Thank you for your constant love and support and thank you for everything you have done for me in the past and whatever you may do for me (and Tom) in the future.  You're the greatest!!!

Mom and me a few weeks ago when she was here to visit

For the mothers, I hope y'all enjoyed your Mothers Day!  For us non-moms, I hope you were able to show your mothers appreciation.  Mothers are very special people.

Happy Reading!!

xoxo,

Britt!

No comments:

Post a Comment