Thursday, February 2, 2012

Welcome to My Life!

For about a year, I've been wanting to start a blog.  I thought it was silly because although I love to write, I don't really consider myself a writer.  I want to start my blog by saying this is a way for me to FINALLY keep a written (and more accurate) account of my life and its big events without actually having to write it down (I type MUCH faster).  I have goals for 2012 (which I will get into later).  For the first time in my life, I have kept my New Years Resolutions (for 2 years solid now).  I can't say that I make resolutions anymore rather than setting attainable goals for myself.  One of those attainable goals was to start writing again.  I thought the best way to finally do that was to start a blog about my life journeys!


I will start by telling y'all a little bit about myself.  My name is Brittany Piper and I turned 27 years old NYE '11. I have an amazing husband who I love more than anything in this world.  He has been my constant source of support and encouragement.  He's my shoulder to cry on when I have a ridiculous emotional breakdown (thank you estrogen!).  He loves me unconditionally.  He accepts me (and all of my flaws) for who I am without judgment and because of him, I am a stronger and more capable woman.
Cheesin' it up at work one day!
We have a Manchester Terrier named Max.  He is crazy.  But I love him.  For the many nights when Tom was closing at the restaurant, Max was the only thing that kept me busy at home.  Other than catching up on movies and shows of course.  


One of my fave pics of this sweet little boy!  He has crazy eyes going!
Our small family currently lives in the lovely Vinings community of Georgia (Smyrna if you're looking for a post office).  My parents moved to Visalia, CA thanks to Daddy's job and we are hoping to relocate there as well as soon as we can find jobs.  I will keep you updated on that because that is one VERY frustrating experience!


I love to spend time with my family and friends.  I love to get crafty and make things for our home!  I am a VERY avid reader (I carry a book in my purse always unless my purse is too small).  I love music.  I love being outdoors!  The past 3 years have been crazy in my life.  I married my best friend.  I've lost over 100 pounds (victory is mine!) and still working out at least 3-4 times a week to get in even better shape!  I discovered my love for running and working out (it's now my catharsis when I'm stressed).  Tom and I quit drinking (exceptionally hard for Tom who battles his addiction to alcohol every.single.day, hence why we live "one day at a time") so even though our social lives took a ding, living a life of sobriety has done worlds for our lives!  We have moved 3 times, hoping the move to California will be the last for awhile.  We've both changed jobs.  I battled the unemployment line for 3 months (THAT. was a nightmare!).  The list goes on!  Had I started this blog a long time ago, I would have documented that already.  But since I didn't, we're starting on Groundhog's Day 2012!  I'm hoping Punxsutawney Phil is wrong about the weather prediction: I don't want 6 more weeks of winter!!!  I'm ready for warm weather!


I can't WAIT to chronicle life's adventures!  I will start with this introduction and go from there!  Happy Thursday kids!  Be back very soon!


3 comments:

  1. Great! looking forward to reading you blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I cannot wait to read along!!! Welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the idea....what's up Frank! This we'll be helpful once you do move.... :(

    ReplyDelete