Friday, April 20, 2012

My Real Age...

First off, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!

So about a year ago, I was introduced to this thing called the "Real Age Test" that asks a series of questions concerning your current health, your family health history, your personal health history, your diet and exercise habits, etc. in order to determine how old your body thinks it is.  After entering page after page of information, it does whatever calculations are necessary then spits out your "real age" and things you can do to improve that real age, maintain your youth, etc.

When I initially took this test last year, I was pretty healthy, was eating really well, exercising 3-5 times a week, not regularly subjecting myself to any vices, etc.  At that time, the Real Age test produced the results that my body thought it was around age 20 (my actual age was 26).  I don't remember the exact result but it was in that ball park.

I revisited the Real Age test a few days ago and was very pleasantly surprised with my new results!  I'm in MUCH better shape than I was a year ago to start off!  I run a lot more and run much farther distances.  I still eat very healthy (although I still enjoy my sweet tooth but in MUCH smaller amounts).  I'm currently in the best shape of my life so it was very pleasing when I got my results.  After retaking my Real Age test, my new results indicated that although I am 27.3 years old, my body thinks I am 17.3 years old!  I have the health status of a teenager 10 years my junior.

This test is yet another reason why I am absolutely elated about how far I've come over the past few years and how badly I always want to remain in shape for the rest of my life!  Of course I can't predict the future, but I have no intention of ever reverting back to my former chubby self.  My only regret about starting my health and fitness journey is that I didn't start it sooner.  Had I known way back when how great I could feel by working out and running, I would've started a very long time ago.  But.  That wasn't God's plan for me until I got a little bit older.  And I appreciate it going from where I was to where I am now.  As previously mentioned, I'm in the best shape I've ever been in and I plan to maintain this.  Thank you to everyone who has always supported me and offered me their words of encouragement!  I hope that I can do the same for others.

My intention for this post was to be short and sweet so I hope you all have a VERY wonderful weekend!  My weekend should be a good one- relax with the hubs tonight, strength training class and a run tomorrow morning, maybe hiking with Tom tomorrow afternoon, Atlanta's Annual Dogwood Festival on Sunday!  Y'all have fun and stay safe!

With love,

Britt!

No comments:

Post a Comment